Carefully Safeguarding Your Rights and Interests

When Circumstances Change, You Can Modify Your Custody And Support Order

Life is constantly changing. After going through a divorce and child custody battle, circumstances may require you to modify your support and custody orders. At Stuart N. House, P.A., in Fort Lauderdale, attorney House can help you with post-judgment modification actions.

Attorney House has over 30 years of experience helping clients with a wide range of family law concerns. From your initial divorce filings to fighting for custody and modifying your judgment, you can trust him to provide the honest and straightforward guidance you need.

Protecting Your Interests Throughout The Modification Process

Whether you got a new job, lost employment or have a significant change in your health, you may need to reconsider your child custody schedule and support. Changing your child custody schedule can also impact your child support arrangement. Typically, the party with physical custody receives more in child support payments and pays less to the other parent. When you modify your custody arrangement, you must also consider the impact on child support payments.

Commonly, post-judgement modifications can occur due to:

  • One parent is moving
  • Changes in financial circumstances
  • Remarriage
  • Change in physical or mental health status
  • The child’s happiness or wellbeing

You must meet certain conditions in Florida before qualifying for a post-judgment modification. The court will consider whether your change in circumstances is substantial enough to warrant a modification. After you file the modification petition, a judge will assess your circumstances and make a decision.

If the other parent refuses to comply with a custody or support order or a modification, attorney House can help you with enforcement actions when necessary.

Get Started On Your Modification Petition Today

If you face a major life change that can impact your custody or support arrangements, contact Stuart N. House, P.A., to discuss your options. By working with an experienced attorney, you can help streamline the process and ensure that the new arrangement protects your rights and interests. Call attorney House at 754-732-7482 to schedule a consultation or complete his online contact form.